- Monday, June 16, 2008 -
Teacher Catherine
sms-ed me today to ask about something.
Its brought back a lot of memories when I replied.
I started learning piano from her when I was 6 or 7, now I'm 18, that makes it about 11 years.
Time really flies man.
I remember very clearly what she has taught me every time, from a beginner all the way to post grade 8.
We all used to use the Leila Fletcher book and those red color, blue color books, and what I aimed to do every lesson last time was to get the pass for the song and sticker.
Lol I loved choosing the stickers, it was very good motivation.
As we grew, things got more serious, we went for exams and prepared a lot for it.
But after the exams, it was great, breaks and after that I got to learn more pieces that were of higher grade befitting the pass that we got for exams.
It felt really good.
And every year we had to prepare pieces for the student concert.
I usually got very freaked out and nervous, but somehow I managed to pull it off every time.
People usually told me I played well :)
But seriously I would always be trembling, only no one really looked close enough to notice.
And I always felt damn cold when waiting for my turn.
When I was grade 7 teacher made me the last performer.
It used to be
jon, but he 'graduated'
le, and then I got very stressed a couple of weeks before the performance.
Plus I wasn't playing a classical piece, I was playing a J-pop song
lol.
I'm not used to being the centre of attraction, I usually try to get myself out of these situations.
But not once did I
pon those concerts, much as I would like too, I was really scared.
I'm glad I did not.
They are really fond memories.
Like the photo of 10 year old me on the piano, I like to look at it occasionally.
I feel like going back to last time.
And I miss playing on the grand piano.
There is a difference playing on an upright piano and a grand piano.
The sound is fantastic on a grand.
After so many years, many things had changed, the piano was one, teacher changed, got married, had cute kids, I grew up, slacked more and failed grade 8 and subsequently passed it
lol.
So nostalgic.
Very very nostalgic.
hanbee said at< 9:10 PM >